About Me

My photo
I am Mom to two adult children, and Nana to one little boy. I share my home with three cats, Daisy, Jazz and Cupcake, or perhaps they share their home with me. I love wildflowers, art, books and I love all things red. I am an artist, a retired teacher of arts and humanities. I paint a lot. I am also an avid gardener, so much so that I write articles for a gardening website. I love writing.

Followers

Wednesday, January 6, 2010

It's a weather thing...

There is nothing else to blame it on. I came home this evening and had no heat in my house. The weather outside is frightful, with more to come, and I have no heat?? Before I had an opportunity to panic, my phone rang:

"Have you heard? A water line is broken in town and there is a leak in the gas line, but they're working on it. But we have no heat!"

"Did you know? There's a broken water line and a demolished gas line and we have no heat!"

"You're gonna freeze, get those ceramic heaters out of storage, we have no heat!"

Between phone calls, I checked the water. No problem, the water line to my house is fine. But the heat....there is none.

OK, I'm resourceful. It's a little late to be thinking of building a fireplace. And I can't book a flight to Florida in time to make a difference. Besides, there's frost in Florida this week. So....what to do, what to do?

Blankets? Check.
Ceramic heater? Check, two of them.
Cats? Check, three of them.
Thermal underwear? Check.
Robe? Check, two of them.
Hot chocolate, tea, coffee??? Check, check, check.
Friends with fireplaces? Check, two of them.

I think I might survive.....brrrrrrrrrrrrr.



No comments:

Post a Comment